This is what happens when we carry out an External Wall Insulation installation.
- Beginning with your outside walls, your Atlas/AVAL approved contractor applies a primer to allow the wall to be prepared for adhesive.
- The second layer is an adhesive which bonds the polystyrene insulation boards to your walls.
- To ensure adhesion, the insulation boards are also mechanically fixed.
- A reinforcing layer is applied. This consists of two coats of a cementing polymer around a glass fibre mesh which increases the structures strength and flexibility.
- Protective profiles are used on outside corners and movement joints.
- A purpose-built over cill is fitted providing a new window cill with graphite enhanced polystyrene underneath (space permitting).
- Finally, a topcoat of external render is added for a weather resistant finish.
You have the choice to add a coat of paint to the render. AVAL acrylic has excellent resistance to fading, chalking and yellowing therefore tending to maintain its original appearance over time.